The Historic Building that is now the home of the Museum
Dating to 1891, the Old Granite School has served the community in several ways - now home of the Falls on the Colorado Museum.
The Old Granite School
In 1891, when Marble Falls was founded, Adam Johnson donated land at the end of Broadway for construction of the Marble Falls Alliance University. In 1908, the City bought the building and renamed it Marble Falls Academy. It became the site of the Marble Falls school system and over the years, the Marble Falls Independent School District used it for classrooms and administrative offices. In 2006, it became the home of The Falls on the Colorado Museum.